The Bill Clinton Foundation was set up in 2001 to promote better health across the globe. The foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that was founded by former U.S. President Bill Clinton and has the official mission to “strengthen the capacity of people throughout the world to meet the challenges of global interdependence.”
Take also a look at this Conan O’Brien interview with President Clinton about his foundation and the efforts to educate the world about the ongoing epioid epidemic:
The Clinton Foundation is focusing on the improvement of global health and wellness, the reduction of preventable diseases and child obesity, the improvement of opportunity for girls women, the creation of growth and economic opportunity, and helping all global communities deal with the serious effects of global climate change.
The Clinton Foundation is working mainly through partnerships with organizations, corporations, individuals, or governments who share the same values and goals. The Foundation frequently serves as a sort of incubator to develop and launch new programs and policies. The Clinton Foundation has offices in Little Rock, Arkansas and in New York City.
Thanks to the Clinton Foundation’s programs, and the hard work of partner programs and supporting agencies and individuals across the globe, we have seen some remarkable results over the past decades.
- In the past 15 years, well over five 5 million individuals in developing countries have gained access to AIDS and HIV drugs and treatment
- Over 20,000 farmers in the African nation of Malawi were able to increase their incomes to support their communities
- In Columbia, we can see over 5,000 individuals who received training to master marketable professional job skills
- Across the U.S. in all 50 states, the Foundation helped create much healthier learning environments in more than 18,000 schools
- By 2020, greenhouse emissions are going to be reduced by over 250 million tons every year in cities across the globe.
- More than 2,250 “Commitments to Action” were expressed and signed “Clinton Global Initiative” members. This will improve the lives of over 380 million individuals in around 180 countries all over the world.
The Clinton Foundation will remain dedicated to addressing inequalities around the world. It will keep on delivering crucial help and come up with tangible results to improve the lives of people all over the globe.
The members of the Foundation are aware that all these great results would never have been possible without the passion, commitment, and contributions of friends, supporters, and partners. They continue to work very hard to make sure that all donations to the Clinton Foundation will make instant differences, if possible.
Practically everything that was donated or funded goes directly back into the Foundation’s programs; over the past five years, this was more than 85% each year. The Bill Clinton Foundation holds to the highest stewardship standards for contributions that will be used as efficiently as possible.